2012 District Championships
- Each of the 18 teams will have 8 preliminary quizzes. These quizzes are the only ones that count for individual average.
- To preserve the suspense of final year individual standings, statistics will not be posted on Friday evening.
- District Championships is weighted 35% for individuals.
- Any quizzers on teams that did not qualify for District Championships will receive a 0.00 for District Championships.
- Final year top quizzer and rookie awards are based on Final Year Average, post District Championships.
- After the preliminary quizzes, the top 9 teams will continue to the Final 9 bracket. Teams 10-18 will continue in the Consolation bracket. These quizzes are spread between the 4 quiz rooms, so pay close attention to the schedule.
- Team placement at District Championships is the final year team placement, regardless of placement in District Meets 1-5.
- The 2012 Internationals team will be announced at the conclusion of District Championships.
District Championships typically exhibits a higher level of quizzing, since only the top 18 teams qualify. Also, kids that attend GWI are often motivated by that experience, and put in lots of hard work in the weeks leading up to District Championships. Because District Championships is such a great display of quizzing by experienced and dedicated individuals, encapsulates the entire material, and determines final year Team Placement as well as the Internationals team, it is a great meet to attend, either as a spectator, or as a quizzer who did not make it to District Championships, or even a prospective quizzer. It's an eye-opening display of how quizzers sharpened by years of quizzing excel at the highest levels, and it's a model to work towards. We hope to see you there!